Our aim is to provide strategic oversight and co‑ordination of emergency planning in Derbyshire in
accordance with the requirements of the Civil Contingencies Act 2004. Our purpose is to ensure effective individual
Category 1 responses and multi-agency collaboration to fulfil the statutory
duties placed upon us by the Act.
Members of the LRF are at executive level with sufficient seniority within their organisation/sector to make decisions and commit resources.
Roles and responsibilities of individual members
- To reflect the views of the organisation/sector that they represent in meetings and be sufficiently briefed and able to make decisions.
- To ensure that there are communication mechanisms in place within the organisation/sector that they represent to enable information about the priorities and decisions of the LRF to be disseminated.
- To act on what the LRF has agreed.
- To Influence any consequent changes to policy development/service delivery in their own organisation and sector.
- To influence the alignment of mainstream budgets within their own organisation/ sector to key priorities.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2021, 4:20 p.m.