Last updated 2nd November, 2012
NHS Derby City and NHS Derbyshire County are the Primary Care Trust with responsibility for healthcare in Derby and Derbyshire and covers the whole of Derbyshire, excluding Tameside & Glossop. We are responsible for the planning and funding of health services for local people. The covers a population of over 1 million with an overall budget of over £1 billion.
The PCT’s main duties include:
- To assess, improve and protect the health and wellbeing of Derbyshire’s registered population
- To reduce health inequalities
- To commission a range of safe and effective healthcare services from the best providers
- To ensure equitable and accessible services are available to all patients
Telephone: 01246 231255 or 01332 888080
You can now just call 111 when:
- you need medical help fast, but it’s not a 999 emergency
- you think you need to go to A&E or another NHS urgent care service
- you require health information or reassurance about what to do next
- you think you need a doctor but your GP surgery is closed
Calls to the new NHS 111 service from landlines and mobile phones are free and the service is available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
Derbyshire Community Health Services NHS Trust is a large and complex organisation employing more than 5,000, staff with an annual income of approximately £148 million.
It is one of the largest provider organisations in the country, offering a range of different services. On an average day:
- 1,050 families are supported by the Health Visiting Service
- 1,960 patients are supported by district nurses
- 150 people are seen at a diagnostic and treatment centres
- 400 patients are seen within the therapy services
- 500 patients are seen by the community podiatry service
- 300 patients are cared for as inpatients in community hospitals
NHS Tameside and Glossop is the Primary Care Trust with responsibility for healthcare in Glossop.
Derbyshire Health United provides the out of hours GP provision in Derby and Derbyshire.
Derbyshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust provides mental health services to people in Derbyshire.